Tuesday, May 18, 2021

DIY Lace Accent on Toddler Dress


My daughter was given a beautiful cotton dress with lavender flowers all over it. She loves the dress, but the back of the dress is very low and the sleeves kept slipping down. I knitted a simple lace insert and sewed it to the dress. It adds just the right amount of coverage and support to keep the sleeves in place. I hope this inspires you to look at your wardrobe and add some custom knit or crochet lace to make it new and functional! I have a few tunics that could be a little longer, and I might add a lace trim to them. 😉

Simple lace pattern:

- Garter stitch for 5 rows
- Sl 1, *k2tog, yo; repeat from * to end
- Sl 1, *purl; repeat from * to end
- Sl 1, *yo, k2tog; repeat from * to end

I repeated this pattern, incorporating a 2 stitch decrease about every other row, until I had the right length.

© Kaylan Dykema  

No comments:

Post a Comment